Your message has been sent. We will contact you shortly if your message requires a response.
John Krell, DDS, is an implant dentist in Houston, TX. Dr. Krell offers single, multiple, and full arch replacement implant dentistry for patients who are missing one tooth or multiple teeth in groups. Dental implants are a permanent replacement of missing teeth, and are highly beneficial to patients’ overall oral health.
What is a Dental Implant?
A dental implant is a replacement tooth that consists of three components:
- Titanium Dental Implant Post: Placed in the bone of your jaw at the site of the missing tooth
- Abutment: Attached to the top of the rod and houses your crown
- Crown: Modeled to look just like your natural tooth and maintains the same bite function as your real teeth
Dental implants can be placed to replace one tooth or several missing teeth and can even be used as anchors to permanently stabilize dentures.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Dr. Krell stresses that not only do dental implants look and function like your natural teeth, they also help to preserve your jawbone. When the root structure of natural teeth is missing, the jawbone can shrink. As a result, your face will appear older than it is. A dental implant consists of a titanium dental implant post that integrates with bone in your jaw and stimulates it for maintained bone density. With a dental implant, you won’t have to worry about damaging important structures to permanently replace teeth.
In addition to the aesthetic improvement, dental implants also preserve your natural chewing function and restore your bite’s full power.
By choosing implant dentistry treatment from our Houston office, you can be sure that your dental implants are permanently and safely administered. With dental implants, you do not need to worry about dentures slipping out, nor do you need to deal with messy adhesives or suffer through an uncomfortable fit.
Once your dental implants have been placed, there are no loose parts to worry about.
Types of Implant Dentistry
- Single Tooth Replacement - When both the tooth and root are damaged, the best permanent replacement is a dental implant in conjunction with a ceramic crown.
- Fixed Bridge on Implants - when replacing three teeth in the far back of the mouth, a fixed bridge anchored to dental implants is the only fixed alternative.
- Full Arch Replacement - When all teeth are missing or in such condition that they need to be replaced, a fixed bridge anchored to dental implants is the best permanent solution
Are You a Good Candidate for Dental Implants in Houston?
Dr. Krell recommends dental implants to his Houston dental patients who are missing teeth or will soon be missing teeth due to issues that cannot be corrected with root canals. Many dental implant procedures can be completed in a single day. Dr. Krell can help you with a single dental implant, multiple dental implants, or full arch implants.
Implant dentistry is an extremely beneficial option available to people who are missing teeth. If you'd prefer to keep your smile as natural as possible and preserve your natural jawbone, schedule a consultation with Dr. Krell at his Houston dental implant office today.