June 10, 2018
Are you unhappy with the current misalignment of your teeth? Do you have gaps, crowding or crookedness? If so, then you may think the only way to get the smile of your dreams is with traditional braces. Your local dentist says a new day has dawned, though. You can now correct your smile flaws with Invisalign in River Oaks, but there are some things you need to know to ensure the success of the procedure. Read on to learn the do’s and don’ts of wearing Invisalign clear braces.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign clear aligners are custom-crafted plastic trays that are designed to comfortably and rapidly move your teeth to their correct position. The process starts with your local dentist taking a series X-rays to assess the condition of your teeth. Along with bite impressions, your dentist will send this data to a in-network lab that will fabricate your aligners.
When they are ready, you will be invited back to your dentist’s office to retrieve your full set of trays. You’ll wear each pair for roughly two weeks and then discard them for the next set in the series. You’ll continue like this until the last pair is worn.
The process is very simple, but for it to be successful, there are some other things that you should know.
The Do’s and Don’ts of the Invisalign Process
Here’s a brief list of some of the things you should and shouldn’t do when wearing Invisalign aligners:
- Do – Remove your Invisalign trays to brush and floss your teeth as normal.
- Don’t – Be sure not to leave your trays out of your mouth for more than a combined total of two hours a day. Failure to comply with this could spell a lengthier and more costly treatment process.
- Do – Take your aligners out of your mouth before eating and enjoying the foods that you normally would.
- Don’t – When you remove your trays, don’t store them in a hot place – like in your car during the summer. The excess heat can cause your Invisalign aligners to warp.
- Do – Maintain regular dental visits while wearing your clear braces. This will ensure that along with having good looking teeth that are aligned correctly, you’ll also enjoy a healthy smile that will last.
- Don’t – Although you are free to eat any foods during the Invisalign treatment process, you should limit how many snack items you consume. Products that contain preservatives and excess sugar will endanger the health of your teeth and gums.
Taking the Next Step
Now that you know what you should and shouldn’t do, the next step is to reach out to your local expert to start the process for getting the clear braces in River Oaks you want and need. Reach out today to schedule a consultation!
About the Author
Dr. John Krell earned his dental degree from the University of Texas and has since gone on to provide his patients with the absolute best in dental care for nearly 30 years. To stay abreast of the latest changes in the world of dentistry, he maintains membership in several professional organizations, including the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry. Dr. Krell puts smiles on the faces of his patients at his private practice and can be reached for more information through his website.
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.