December 6, 2018
Invisalign is the leading form of treatment for those in need of adult orthodontics in River Oaks. Invisalign offers the same benefits as traditional braces, with minimal disruption to the patient’s career or personal life. Invisalign aligners are easy to care for and provide effective treatment for most cases of underbite and overbite. Many dental plans cover a significant portion of the cost for Invisalign therapy.
What is Invisalign?
The term “Invisalign” refers to a specific brand of clear dental aligners. They were created to meet the needs of adult dental patients who require the benefits of traditional braces, but are unable to wear them due to work or personal obligations. The benefits of Invisalign include:
- Minimal impact on the patient’s life. Invisalign wearers can remove the appliance for up to two hours per day to eat and to tend to personal needs. Invisalign allows patients to travel, engage in physical activities, and carry on an active social or family life. It’s even possible for wearers to sing or play musical instruments with full confidence.
- Discrete appearance. Because the aligners are made from a clear material, most observers will never know you have them on. Compare this to traditional braces, which can make adult wearers feel self-conscious.
- Proven effectiveness. Invisalign aligners can correct most adult misalignment problems in as little as 12 months, sometimes less.
- Many dental insurance plans cover a portion of Invisalign’s cost. You may also have access to monthly payment plans or financing through private institutions.
- Lasting benefits. Once your course of therapy is complete, you need only wear a nightly retainer to maintain the treatment for the rest of your life.
- Ease of care. Performing regular dental hygiene tasks could not be easier for Invisalign wearers. Unlike traditional braces, there’s no need to use special precautions when brushing or flossing.
Can Younger Patients Benefit from Invisalign?
Invisalign aligners work best for patients whose teeth have fully matured. However, in some cases it may be possible to combine traditional braces in River Oaks with Invisalign therapy. Ask your dentist for more information.
Are Invisalign Aligners Easy to Care For?
Invisalign aligners are remarkably easy to care for, especially when compared to traditional braces. The wearer should remove the appliance after each meal and rinse them under warm water to remove saliva and food crumbs.
The patient should also gently brush the aligners with antimicrobial soap and a soft bristled toothbrush on a daily basis. A good rule of thumb is to do this every time you brush your teeth.
Invisalign aligners are made from durable yet lightweight materials. However, they are sensitive to rough handling and excessive heat. You should always keep the appliance in the protective case that’s included. You should also avoid strongly colored beverages like coffee, tea and soda while wearing your aligners.
Nowadays there’s no reason for anyone to suffer needlessly from dental misalignment problems. Talk to your dentist about Invisalign and other treatment options during your next appointment. There’s no better way to start 2019 with a smile on your face.
About the Author
Dr. John Krell is a Houston native and a graduate of the dental school at the University of Texas. He’s a member of several prestigious dental organizations, including the American Dental Association and the Texas Dental Association. You can reach his office online or by calling (713) 877-1775.
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.