We’re Your Place for Emergency Dentistry
Dental emergencies are sudden, unexpected, and require prompt care. Dr. John Krell offers emergency dental services to patients who urgently need it. At our Houston, TX cosmetic and family dentistry practice, our team offers a wide range of emergency services to repair smiles quickly and comfortably. We use the state-of-the-art CEREC system to design, craft, and place even the most advanced restorations in a single appointment. This means patients come to our office with damaged teeth and leave the practice with flawless smiles. We are the go to dental office for dental emergencies in Houston, Katy, and all surrounding communities. We encourage patients to call us if they experience any emergencies including:
- Severe toothache or dental sensitivity
- Damaged or lost teeth
- Damaged or lost dental restorations
- Damaged partial or full dentures
For a Damaged Tooth
- Call our office immediately.
- Apply gauze for 10 minutes if there is bleeding.
- Place a cold, damp towel or ice pack on the cheek to minimize swelling.
- Cover the affected area with over the counter dental wax to protect soft tissue from sharp areas.
- Take pain relievers as directed.
Our experienced Houston dentist will attempt to replace the tooth in its original socket and do everything possible to reattach it.
For a Toothache
- Call us immediately, so we can see you as quickly as possible.
- Take over the counter pain relievers as directed.
- Don’t place aspiring or other pain relievers onto the tooth as this could cause additional damage.
- You can also use ice packs to reduce swelling and relieve pain.
For Lost or Damaged Restorations
Restorations can often become loose and fall out. Crowns and fillings may lose their strength if the tooth beneath it is decaying or has received trauma. See us immediately if your fillings or crowns become loose or dislodged. Visiting us promptly will increase the chances of a successful dental solution. If you cannot reach us quickly, take these steps:
- Clean the crown and affix it onto the tooth with dental wax, which can be found at your local pharmacy
- If the crown is lost, smear the top of the tooth with dental wax to alleviate discomfort and protect soft tissue
- Do not use any kind of glue to fix the crown
If your existing crown can be reattached, we’ll do so. We can also create a brand new, custom restoration in one appointment using the CEREC system.
Contact us for Emergency Services
If you are experiencing an emergency at this moment, please call us immediately at 713-366-8089. We will respond with the greatest of haste. The goal of our team is to give you the greatest comfort and the most effective treatment in the least amount of time. Call us for all of your dental emergency needs.