Dental Implants in River Oaks Secure Tooth Replacement
John Krell, DDS, is a highly-experienced implant dentist, and he can offer single, multiple, and full arch replacement for patients who are missing teeth. Dental implants are a permanent tooth replacement solution, and they provide a multitude of cosmetic and health benefits at the same time.
What is a Dental Implant?
A dental implant is a replacement tooth that consists of three components:
- Titanium Implant Post: Placed in the bone of your jaw to replace a missing tooth root
- Abutment: A small screw that connects the post to the replacement teeth
- Dental Prosthetic: Used to replace the visible portion of your teeth above the gum line
Dental implants can be used to replace one tooth, several missing teeth, and can even be used as anchors to permanently stabilize dentures.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Dr. Krell stresses that not only do dental implants look and function like your natural teeth, they also help to preserve your jawbone. When the root structure of your teeth is missing, the jawbone can shrink. As a result, your face will appear older than it is. A dental implant consists of a titanium dental implant post that integrates with your jawbone and stimulates it for maintained bone density.
In addition to the aesthetic improvements, dental implants can also preserve your natural chewing function and restore your bite’s full power. Once your dental implants have been placed, you’ll barely be able to distinguish them from your real teeth.
Types of Implant Restorations
- Single Tooth Replacement - When both the tooth and root are damaged, the best permanent replacement is a dental implant in conjunction with a ceramic crown.
- Fixed Bridge on Implants- When replacing consecutive missing teeth in the mouth, a bridge can be held in place using dental implants.
- Full Arch Replacement- When all of the teeth are missing or in such condition that they need to be replaced, a full denture anchored to dental implants is the best permanent solution
Are You a Good Candidate for Dental Implants?
Dr. Krell recommends dental implants to his patients who are missing teeth or will soon be missing teeth due to issues that cannot be corrected with other treatments.
Implant dentistry is an extremely beneficial option available to people who are missing teeth. If you'd prefer to keep your smile as strong as possible and preserve your jawbone, schedule a consultation with Dr. Krell today.