Rebuilding Smiles With High-Quality Prosthetics
Whether you’re missing several or all of your teeth in an arch, gaps in your smile can have a drastic impact on your everyday life by making it more difficult to chew and speak. Your dentist in Houston, Dr. John Krell, offers several restorative solutions for our patients to help them regain a confident and fully functioning smile. To create the best fitting and working dentures, we perform comprehensive oral examinations, capture detailed impressions, and take images of your mouth to ensure that you’ll love your new dentures in Houston. If you’re missing teeth and would like to learn how we can help, be sure to contact our office so we can schedule your consultation.
For patients who are missing several teeth in an arch, Dr. Krell often recommends partial dentures. These are customized artificial teeth attached to a base that has a strategically designed metal or acrylic framework to it. This allows your replacement teeth to stay securely in your mouth, allowing you to chew food without having to worry about them moving or shifting. The frame is designed to discreetly fit behind your teeth and be removable, allowing you to easily clean and sanitize them.
An entire arch of missing teeth can be a life-changing oral condition, which is why our team also crafts customized full dentures. These consist of natural-looking replacement teeth attached to a gum-colored acrylic base that’s custom-made to comfortably fit on your gums. They use natural suction and denture adhesive to stay firmly in place so you can easily speak and eat with them in. Not only do full dentures in Houston improve the function of your mouth, but you’ll also be able to enjoy a complete smile again. They’re easily removable for added convenience as well.
Benefits of Dentures
When you replace your missing teeth in Houston with dentures, you’ll be able to join countless other patients who are enjoying the countless benefits they offer. Some of these include:
- We only use high-quality and durable dental materials.
- You won’t be limited by what you can chew, allowing you to enjoy a balanced diet.
- With the right care, dentures can last for several years.
- Helps preserve your facial structure.
- A cost-effective and affordable solution.
- Easy to clean and sanitize.
Maintenance Tips for Long-Lasting Dentures
Keeping your dentures clean is a vital part of maintaining your oral health after you replace your missing teeth. Fortunately, maintaining your dentures is a relatively simple task. Here are some tips to keep your replacement teeth clean and long-lasting:
- Rinse your dentures with cool water after each time you eat.
- Handle your dentures carefully and place a cloth on the countertop to set them on when you’re cleaning them. This will prevent them from slipping and breaking.
- Clean your mouth (including natural teeth) after each time you remove your dentures.
- Brush your dentures using a special denture brush and denture cleaning solution at least once every day.
- Every night, take your dentures out and place them in a denture solution while you sleep.
- Visit our office for regular checkups and denture adjustments.
If you have any questions or concerns involving your dentures or how to take care of them, don’t hesitate to contact our office.